Men's Rockhopper Comp
Whether you've been riding trails for decades or you're just starting your XC journey, the Specialized Rockhopper Comp is here to take your rides to the next level.
It starts with an A1 Aluminum frame that has optimized tube shapes which save weight while dramatically improving aesthetics. To go along with these clean new lines, the Rockhopper also has internal cable routing to further clean up the frame. Lastly, Sport XC 29 geometry adjusts the reach, angles, and standover height to make for an improved fit across the size range. This is sure to keep you ripping and confident while heading both up and down the trail.
This Rockhopper comes with a no-nonsense spec featuring a full Shimano drivetrain, dependable Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, grippy Ground Control tires that add traction over any trail, and an SR Suntour XCM 29 fork with a custom Multi-Circuit damping that eliminates the "pogo" feel commonly associated with coil forks.
- The frame is constructed from lightweight A1 Aluminum in order to provide a compliant, durable platform to support the XC Sport 29 Geometry. Combined, you get a bike that's more than efficient on climbs and descends with equal aplomb.
- The SR Suntour XCM fork puts out 80/90/100mm (size-specific) of plush and reactive travel, provided by coil-sprung suspension that's custom-tuned for lighter riders.
- A Shimano Acera rear derailleur controls the rear shifting with durable aplomb. It shifts along a wide gear range, 11-34t, so you can ride confidently knowing that you'll always have the right gear for the hill at hand.
- A1 alloy, Sport XC 29 Geometry, zero-stack head tube, internal cable routing, 135x9mm forged dropouts, chainstay-mounted disc brake, replaceable alloy derailleur hanger
- SR Suntour XCM w/ MCD 29, coil spring, custom Multi-Circuit damping, QR, 80/90/100mm travel (size-specific), 51mm offset
- Front: 9x100mm QR
Rear: 9x135mm QR
- Stout XC 25 29, alloy, disc only, double-wall, 25mm internal width, 32h
- Shimano Center Lock, disc
- Ground Control Sport, Flak Jacket flat protection, wire bead
- Stout, forged alloy, 3x9
- Bottom Bracket
- Square taper, 73mm, internal bearings
- KMC X9EPT, 9-speed, anti-corrosion coating w/ reusable Missing Link
- Front Derailleur
- Shimano Altus FD-M371, 34.9mm clamp, down-swing
- Rear Derailleur
- Shimano Acera, 9-speed
- Cassette/Rear Cogs
- Sunrace, 9-speed, 11-34t
- Shimano Acera 3x9
- Stout double-butted alloy, 10mm rise, 10-degree backsweep, 4-degree upsweep, 720mm width, 31.8mm
- Specialized MTB Grip, lock-on
- Stout 3D-forged alloy, 31.8mm, 6-degree rise
- Shimano BR-M315, hydraulic disc, resin pads, 180/160mm rotor
- Henge Sport, steel rails, 143mm
- Seat Post
- Alloy, 12mm offset, 2-bolt clamp, 30.9mm