Men's Diverge E5 Sport
With the Diverge Sport, you'll be prepared for anything, from smooth tarmac to the loosest, roughest tracks out there. It's packed with all the same technologies as its pricier cousins, only its spec places an emphasis on reliable performance, not components so flashy you'll be eating nothing but top ramen for months.
The Diverge frame will comfortably fit up to 700x42mm tires with plenty of room for mud, too. Weight was a large factor in the development, so Specialized took some design cues from the Roubaix with an E5 Premium Aluminum frame that's plenty light, certainly stiff for hard efforts, and undeniable durable.
Specialized opted for a new Open Road Geometry. We know what you're thinking, "it's just another marketing term," but they truly did develop an entirely new geometry. Think of it as a road version of modern trail bike geometry. It provides playful handling and predictable steering for endless dirt skids and mid-corner drifts. The geo features a bottom bracket that's over a half-centimeter lower than the previous Diverge, a slacked-out head tube angle, short chainstays, and a short wheelbase. These changes make for a bike that's not only fun in the dirt, but also performs well on the road.
Specialized topped it off with three water bottle mounts and mounts for racks and fenders. So while it's one of the most smile-inducing bikes you'll ever shred fire roads on, it's equally adept at bike packing, commuting, or even a spin to your local brewery. The frame, meanwhile, is topped off with a Shimano Sora groupset, mechanical-disc brakes, and an Axis Sport wheelset.
- Specialized E5 Premium Aluminum, Open Road Geometry, threaded BB, flat mount disc
- Specialized FACT carbon, flat-mount disc
- Front: 12x100mm thru-axle
Rear: 12x142mm thru-axle,
- Axis Sport Disc
- Espoir Sport, 60 TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x30mm
- Praxis Alba 2d
- Bottom Bracket
- KMC X9, 9-speed w/ Missing Link
- Front Derailleur
- Shimano Sora, braze-on
- Rear Derailleur
- Shimano Sora, long cage, 9-speed
- Cassette/Rear Cogs
- Sunrace, 9-speed, 11-32t
- Shimano Sora
- Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp
- Specialized S-Wrap
- Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- Brake Levers
- Shimano Sora
- Tektro Mira, flat mount, mechanical disc
- Body Geometry Toupé Sport, steel rails, 143mm
- Seat Post
- Alloy, 2-bolt clamp